Watercolor Paintings - Why You Should Try It
Paintings add up to the beauty of homes, offices, and business establishments. If you have the skill to paint,
you should try to develop it.
Learn more about painting by enrolling in painting
classes or you can research about it online. Whether you're an adult, teenager, or a kid, learning how to paint
is not that difficult especially if you put your heart into it.
While you're trying to find a media to use, perhaps you might want to try watercolor paintings.
You can express your chosen subject matter through the use of watercolors. In fact, there are many advantages in
using this media over other types of media. It is also a beautiful way to convey your feelings through your
Here are some of the best reasons why you should try watercolor painting.
1. It is easy - as compared to other types of painting, watercolor painting is really
easy and you can expect better results in a very short time.
2. Fast - there are certain techniques that you should learn in watercolor
painting. Once you learn such painting techniques, you can do quick washes and spontaneous strokes. This is
the beauty of watercolor painting and you can finish your piece in less than an hour and the greatest thing is that
you will get satisfying results.
3. Great for people who are always on the go - if you travel often, carrying watercolor
kits is not a problem. The kits are lightweight and come with compact boxes that you can carry around with ease.
The paper used in watercolor painting can be purchased in blocks so you don’t need a lot of space. Preparing the
papers needed is also not required.
4. Does not smudge - as compared to charcoal and pastel, watercolor painting doesn’t
5. Dries quickly - in several minutes, your art piece is already dry. But if you use oil
paints for your painting, it would take days or even weeks before the piece dries up completely.
6. Watercolor is also a fluid - because of its nature, with only a few strokes, you can
already fill large areas.
7. 'Accidents' can contribute to your creativity - you don’t have to worry about
accidents during watercolor painting because it can magically develop into something beautiful. You can even pour
the watercolor on the paper as you start your painting and see what designs it can create.
8. Watercolor painting is versatile in look and style - you can do illustrational works
as well as abstract arts. You can experiment in some designs that you haven't done before and it will all depend on
your skill and creativity.
Experts say that using watercolor is hard because the artist or painter can't control it easily. For beginners,
here’s a good advice - let the watercolor's magic work. Don’t interfere at first and see the designs it can create
and start painting from there. Allow endless explorations and you can surely enjoy your creativity for the rest of
As an art lover, you already know that sometimes beautiful paintings come as accidents. But this should not be
the reason to stop practicing. If you frequently practice painting lessons, in time, you will be able to control
your strokes and create more artistic and unique watercolor paintings.
Never stop learning because by doing so, you can develop
more interesting and artistic ideas that you can use in your paintings.